The quikCONNECT ZEST is the latest in our range of cellular modems. It is the lowest cost modem in the range and is an ideal choice when looking for entry level, seamless GPRS connectivity. It competes strongly on its robust and industrial specification using Telit technology. The quikCONNECT ZEST has a RS232 serial port interface and can be either wall or Din rail mounted as required.
The ZEST-N-GPRS (EU) is a dual band GPRS modem providing EU coverage, for the EMEA and APAC regions, if a higher data rate is required then the ZEST-N-UMTS (EU) is ideally suited. Both variants of quikCONNECT ZEST are available with VLINK-232 software, providing a virtual wireless RS232 link, aswell as relaible "always on" connectivity.
Despite its highly competitive price, the quikCONNECT ZEST is built to the same exacting standards as the rest of the Siretta modem family. The quikCONNECT ZEST will be a popular choice for many situations requiring just GPRS connectivity, and the flexible 6-18V power supply and a -40˚C to +85˚C operating temperature range allow the product to be used in most industrial applications.
The quikCONNECT ZEST can be controlled either by using AT commands or Python script for developing customer applications.
The enclosure for the quikCONNECT ZEST comes ready to be either wall mounted or DIN rail mounted, an unusual feature at this price point. This capable low cost modem offers full nine pin functionality at the RS232 port to cater for all application requirements. It will be at home in any of the following applications: automatic meter reading, remote vending machine management, LED signage, POS connectivity and many other situations requiring GPRS connectivity in a reliable compact package measuring just 75 x 84 x 31mm.
- RS232 serial port interface
- GPRS EU coverage
- Dual Band 900 / 1800 MHz
- AT command driven
- Python Script for customer devolpment application
- Supply voltage capability 6-18V
- Wall or DIN rail mountable
- Available with V-Link 232 software
- Interfaces: RS232 Serial Port
- Operating Frequencies: Dual Band GSM 900/1800MHz
- Temperature Range: -40 to +85°C
- Power Supply: 6 - 18V @ 2A peak, 250mA average
- Standards: GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- GPRS: max. 86 kbps (DL &UL), class 10
- EDGE: max. 236.8 kbps (DL &UL), class 12
- Frequency: 900/1800MHz GPRS/EDGE
- CSD: Up to 9.6kbps
- SIM:1 x (3V& 1.8V)
- Antenna Interface: SMA Female
- Number of Ports: 1x DB9 Female
- Serial Standards: RS232
- ESD Protection:±15KV
- Parameters: 1200bps to 115200bps
- RS-232: DCD, RxD, TxD, DTR, GND, DSR, RTS, CTS, RI
USB For Power
- Mini USB Female
- 5V @ 2A Peak, 250mA Avg
- ESD Protection: 15KV
LED Indicators: RUN
Data Link: 100 to 200 mA (peak)@12 V
Dimensions: 75 x 84 x 31mm
Antenna Connector: SMA Female
Mounting Method: Din Rail or Screw Mount